Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11

It's been seven years since September 11, and many things have changed in our country since then. Security procedures, taxes, and gas prices are just a few things that have impacted all our lives, just about everything we do now is because of what happened that day- we just weren't ready for a crisis like that.
I can't say I really remember what I was doing at the time, but I think I was at home sick, and I saw it come on on the news. I saw the planes crashing into the towers and people trying to get away from all the debris that was flying out everywhere on the TV, and I felt so sad for them. That's really the only thing I remember feeling: sadness.
If I could help commemorate all the people that died during the attack, I would go to that annual thing they have where the towers used to be, and where everyone talks about the people who died and all the heroes that lost their lives there also.
I don't know if we're safe from another attack, but I do know everyone with the authority is trying to do everything they can to stop it from happening again. You never know what's going to happen though.

Seven long, difficult years for our country.
It feels like it was only last year, but I know our whole country has grown is many ways.

No comments: